Things To Know About Social Media Optimization
It’s been a very long time, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for websites has been refined with time by many companies devoting considerable effort in defining best practices and endorsing the value of SEO for raising a site’s performance on organic search listings. I think the power of SEO is immense, as of nowwe have started offering latest services to the clients which we call Social Media Optimization (SMO). The concept behind SMO is you need to implement changes for optimizing a site so that it is more easily linked to or highly visible in social media searches on custom search engines, and more frequently included in relevant posts on blogs, videos, pictures etc. Here are 6majorrules which are to be followed for conductingSMO for a client’s website:
1. Increase your linkability – This is the first and most important priority for all the websites. Many of the websites are “static” – means they are not regularly updated, basically used to represent the company or give an overview to the people who wants to enquire. To optimize a site for social media, we need to increase the linkability of the content. Posting a blog is a great step, however there are many other ways such as posting a video, gifs, any work related updates or thought pieces.
2. Make tagging and bookmarking easy – You can also add some customized features to be different and feasible like quick buttons to add on special featuresat the top this is one way to make the process of tagging pages easier, you can also go beyond this, make sure pages include a list of relevant tags, suggested notes for a link, and make sure to tag your pages first on popular social bookmarking sites.
3. Reward inbound links – Often used as a barometer for success of a blog, inbound links are paramount to rising in search results and overall rankings. To involve people we need to make it easy and provide clear rewards. From using permalinks to recreating similarly, listing recent linking blogs on your site provides reward of visibility for those who are similar.
4. Help your content travel – SMO is not only about updating the site. When you have content that can be updated (such as PDFs, images, video files and audio files) posting them to relevant sites will help your content reach to millions of people, and ultimately drive links back to your site.
5. Encourage the mashup – In a world of co-creation, it pays to be more open about letting others use your content. YouTube’s idea of providing code to cut and paste so you can embed videos from their site has fuelled their growth. Syndicating your content through RSS also makes it easy for others to create mashup that can drive traffic or augment your content.
6. Reward helpful and valuable users – Usually popular users are great influencers public follow them and those champions can increase your reach through social site, search out ways to elevate them by promoting their work on your homepage, or develop a rating system. Sometimes a quick email or note in private telling them you appreciate them can go a long way. Perhaps this is not all about SMO, but it will definitely help to update the most valuable followers of a community.