7 Mantras Of Inbound Marketing
So you have a new business to set-up, and you are planning to implement an inbound marketing campaign. But what are the steps which you need to follow to ensure the success of the campaign?
Digifish3 shares their 7 unique mantras which you can follow:
Firstly, Inbound Marketing is a holistic process that encapsulates all online marketing activities to give you a single, scalable platform that attracts prospects by educating them. The core of inbound is to bring relevant prospects by giving information they are seeking.
In order to succeed in your inbound marketing pilgrimage, you will have to chant these 7 mantras.
1.Define Goals – With the help of SMART Goals you are able to set up realistic goals that carve the path for all your marketing activities. These goals help you measure the performance of inbound activities and the progress bar on your previous status for the specific key performance indicators (KPI)
What is SMART GOAL?
- S – Specific – define goal as clear as possible. The questions that go are Who, What, Where, Why, When, Which?
- M – Measurable – is the goal measurable? check out the current benchmarks for the goals that you are considering.
- A – Attainable – is the goal reasonable enough based on the current status?
- R – Relevant – Does the goal fulfil your business challenges?
- T – Timely – there should be a mandatory time limit with your goals.
2.Identify Audience – Just when you have set up your goals, the main question that arises is who will help you achieve these goals. The answer is your target audience in the form of visitors, leads, or customers. Understanding your buyer personas will guide the complete inbound marketing process.
The offering and value proposition need to resonate with the right audience for whom the following data should be in hand:
- Personal Information
- Goal & Challenges
- Professional Information
- Values & Fears
- Potential Objections
3.Create/ Optimize Digital Assets – Your goals and buyer personas will guide you in increasing targeted digital assets, websites and landing pages as best salespersons. There will be various considerations to create high-performing assets. We have mentioned some advanced practices here:
- Personalized content – 94% of senior-level executives believe delivering personalization is critical or important to reaching customers according to a recent study conducted by PWC’s Digital Services group.
- Mobile – First Approach – according to a report by Forrester, 59% smartphone users expect websites to be mobile-friendly. This makes responsive websites a pre-requisite for all development projects
- Conversion Opportunities – provide ample opportunities to your prospect to get in touch like landing pages, small call-to-action and smart forms.
- Blogging – with every page on your blog, you are increasing chances of higher visibility.
4.Build Visibility – there are handful of online marketing techniques that helps your business gain higher online visibility on the assets that are built.
Ultimate online marketing tactics are:
- Social media marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Social media paid ads
- Display advertising
- Pay-per-click marketing
5.Generate Leads – now that one has visitors on their website, you will want some valuable information from them to boost your other inbound activities.
Decide on your lead generation assets:
- Information seekers love data in the form of e-books, whitepapers, infographics, etc.
- Provide gated-content in order to gather information from more visitors
- Place relevant forms across all landing pages.
- All the content marketing tactics could be implemented to attract leads.
6.Nurture Leads – the leads need to move further into the buyers journey to fulfil their goals.
The buyers journey involved in lead nurturing:
Your next step is to nurture the relationship with them and qualify them for the next step of the buyer’s journey.
The best lead nurturing activities:
- Email workflow automation – you will need to automate a series of workflows on the basis of the buyer’s journey level your prospects are in.
- Personalized call-to-action on the website – based on their lifecycle in your marketing funnel, your prospects will get relevant call-to-action that will slide down further in to the buying process.
- Personalized forms – progressive profiling with forms will ensure that you get new information on every visit from the prospects.
7.Win Customers – by the time the sales team reaches your prospects (or vice versa), almost85% of the information is consumed by the prospects.
All the efforts that go into your lead nurturing activities empower your prospects to take a decision that results into purchase and a long-term trust on your brand.
Businesses need the support of a marketing system, wherein the components could be picked up at any point to test the effectiveness. The methodologies of inbound marketing provided by Digifish3, helps in overcoming the stagnant growth when reiterated and improved at various stages.
What are your views on Inbound Marketing? Would love to discuss!!